2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR REGISTRATION
Welcome to 2023-24 FIYA Sports!
All important dates for League events throughout the year as well as Fall Cross Country meets can be viewed on the Calendar under the About tab above. Dates for other Tournament events such as Dance & Track will be added as they are finalized.
Registration for League events is done through LeagueApps. Click the button to the right to be redirected to our LeagueApps page which will display all currently open registrations. If this is your first time using LeagueApps, scroll down for registration instructions. Starting in Fall 2023 payment for League events is due at the start of the season, and can be made via credit card on LeagueApps or by mailing a check.
Registration for Cross Country & Track is done through athletic.net. For more details click on the Cross Country and Track pages of this website, or the button to the right to be redirected to our athletic.net page. Payment is due at the conclusion of the season and can be made via credit card on athletic.net or by mailing a check.
UPCOMING & LIVE REGISTRATIONS:
- Girls & Boys Soccer
- Closes 2/23/24
- Spring Volleyball
- Closes 3/8/24
- D-2 & D-3 Futsal
- Closes 3/8/24
- Closes 3/15/24
- Track & Field
- Closes three days before each meet
If you are or will be a FIYA coach, please review our Coaches page for general information about coaching in FIYA, as well as instructions on how to complete the mandatory NAYS Coaching Certification program. We thank all of our coaches in advance for taking the time and commitment to lead our deserving school teams!
Instructions for Registering on LeagueApps
Instructions for School Teams Registering for League events
As noted, FIYA League event registration is done through LeagueApps. The first time you register you must create an account on LeagueApps, which can be done as part of the registration process or by clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the LeagueApps registration page. Once you have created your account, follow these simple steps to register:
- Click “Register” for the sport & division you would like to sign up for. Note: Ignore the drop-down menu options at the top of the registration page and just select the sport from the list below.
- Either log in to your account or create a new one.
- Select your role with the team - Principal, Athletic Director, or Coach.
- Under “School Team Name” enter the school name. For simplicity and ease of use, please use just the school name and not mascots as the school name will display on schedules and standings and many schools have the same mascot. If you have more than one team for the same sport and same division, include the school name and a color for each team. For example, if you have two school teams in D-1 Girls Volleyball, the names should be Booker Academy Blue and Booker Academy Red (or whatever colors you prefer). If you do not choose a different name for additional teams in the same division you will not be able to register them. Please note we will adjust team names as necessary for clarity and consistency.
- Answer the questions displayed.
- Enter the contact information for the school Principal, Athletic Director, and Coach. *Note: Unfortunately this information will need to be entered each time you register a team. Please answer the questions in Step 5 each time as this will help with scheduling, but for the contact information you can write “same as previous” for the Principal and AD. For the coach, please include the name of the coach of each team even if it is the same, and of course include all of the coach’s information if it is different.
- Read and accept the FIYA waiver.
- After accepting the waiver:
- If just registering one team, click “Save school team and go to the next step.”
- If registering more than one team for the same game, click “Add another school team,” select the division, and repeat steps 4-7.
- If registering another team for a different game, click “Save school and go to the next step and scroll down to “Add Another Registration” and follow steps 4-7.
- Payment does not need to be made at the time of registration to secure a spot in the league, but is due by the start of the regular season. Payment can be made at registration or anytime after through LeagueApps using credit card or bank account, or by mailing a check. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in disqualification from playoffs and/or prevent you from participating in future FIYA events.
- To print invoice and pay by check: In your Dashboard click "Invoices", then "View Invoice Details", then press Ctrl-P while viewing the invoice to bring up a formatted invoice with invoice number and our organization name and address at the bottom. You can then print a hard copy or save as a PDF if you need to provide an invoice to your school office. Mail check and invoice to FIYA, PO Box 451373, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must select “create a new school team” each time. If you “select a school team to join” you will just be adding your account to a team already registered, NOT registering a separate new team.
- If paying at the time of registration, select “Bank Account” or “Credit Card.” Note there is a processing fee for paying online.
- If you prefer to mail a check, select “Skip/Pay Later.”
- That’s it! You will see a confirmation displayed as well as receive an email with the same information.
Additional important information:
- Each team registered is tied to the person who registers it, so if a coach registers one team and the principal another, these teams are not tied to each other in the LeagueApps system. This will not affect your registration at all but may somewhat limit the usefulness of LeagueApps for your school.
- Along those lines, there is deep functionality in terms of roster management and communication available to you through LeagueApps should you desire to use it. If so, we recommend that you register all teams throughout the year from the same LeagueApps account.
If you have any questions about the registration process or the LeagueApps platform, please contact FIYA Director of Operations, John Farren.