Note On Winter 2021 Registration
Due to ongoing issues related to COVID-19 we will not be offering our traditional sports at this time. However if and when conditions allow us to resume normal operations we stand ready to do so as soon as schools are willing and able to participate.
In the meantime please see below for information on how to register for our Winter eSports Leagues in Fortnite, Overwatch, & Rocket League, as well as Winter eSports Tournaments in Madden NFL, NBA2K, & FIFA.
WINTER eSPORTS REGISTRATION
Registration is now open for our Winter 2021 eSports Leagues & Tournaments.
Leagues will be offered as follows:
- D-1 Fortnite
- 4 v 4
- D-1 Overwatch
- 6 v 6
- D-1, D-2, & D-3 Rocket League
- 2 v 2
D-1 is for students in 8th Grade & below, D-2 is for students in 6th Grade & below, and D-3 is for students in 4th Grade & below.
Fortnite & Rocket League are cross-platform, meaning your players can be on any game system or PC. For Overwatch all players must be on the same platform, so please make sure to specify in your registration whether you will be playing on PC, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or Play Station. Additional details on rules, game set-up, and all other aspects of our eSports program will be distributed after registration is complete.
Registration for eSports Leagues will be open until January 22nd and the season will begin February 1st.
Tournaments will be offered as follows:
- FIFA 21 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, & Xbox
- NBA2k 21 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, & Xbox
- Madden NFL 21 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, & Xbox
All tournaments are open to students in grades 3-8 and the cost is $25 per player. If there is sufficient participation players will be broken up into separate D-1, D-2 & D-3 tournaments. Each tournament will consist of pool play followed by a playoff bracket.
Registration for eSports Tournaments will be open until February 5th with games starting February 15th.
To register for eSports Leagues & Tournaments, first read the instructions below then follow the links to our LeagueApps registration page.
Instructions for Registering on LeagueApps
Instructions for School Teams Registering for Leagues
FIYA Registration will now be done through LeagueApps which should make for a much smoother and easier process for everyone. The first time you register you must create an account on LeagueApps, which can be done as part of the registration process or by clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the LeagueApps registration page. Once you have created your account, follow these simple steps to register:
- Click “Register” for the sport & division you would like to sign up for.
- Either log in to your account or create a new one.
- Select your role with the team - Principal, Athletic Director, or Coach.
- Under “School Team Name” enter the school name. If you have more than one team for the same sport and same division, include the school name, game name, and a number to differentiate them. For example, if you have two school teams in Rocket League, the names should be Booker Academy #1 Rocket League and Booker Academy #2 Rocket League.
- Answer the questions displayed.
- Enter the contact information for the school Principal, Athletic Director, and Coach. *Note: Unfortunately this information will need to be entered each time you register a team. Please answer the questions in Step 5 each time as this will help with scheduling, but for the contact information you can write “same as previous” for the Principal and AD. For the coach, please include the name of the coach of each team even if it is the same, and of course include all of the coach’s information if it is different.
- Read and accept the FIYA waiver.
- After accepting the waiver:
- If just registering one team, click “Save school team and go to the next step.”
- If registering more than one team for the same game, click “Add another school team,” select the division, and repeat steps 4-7.
- If registering another team for a different game, click “Save school and go to the next step and scroll down to “Add Another Registration” and follow steps 4-7.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must select “create a new school team” each time. If you “select a school team to join” you will just be adding your account to a team already registered, NOT registering a separate new team.
- If paying at the time of registration, select “Bank Account” or “Credit Card.” Note there is a 2% processing fee for paying online.
- If you prefer to mail a check, select “Skip/Pay Later.”
- That’s it! You will see a confirmation displayed as well as receive an email with the same information.
Some other important information:
- Each team registered is tied to the person who registers it, so if a coach registers one team and the principal another, these teams are not tied to each other in the LeagueApps system. This will not affect your registration at all but may somewhat limit the usefulness of LeagueApps for your school.
- Along those lines, there is deep functionality in terms of roster management and communication available to you through LeagueApps should you desire to use it. If so, we recommend that you register all teams throughout the year from the same LeagueApps account.
If you have any questions about the new registration process or the LeagueApps platform, please contact John Farren. While there is sure to be a learning process, we strongly believe this new system will be much better for everyone once you get comfortable with it.
Instructions for Individuals Registering for Tournaments
The first time you register you must create an account on LeagueApps, which can be done as part of the registration process or by clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the LeagueApps registration page. Once you have created your account, follow these simple steps to register:
- Click “Register” for the tournament you would like to sign up for.
- Either log in to your account or create a new one.
- Follow the steps to complete the registration, making sure to fill out all forms completely.
- Submit payment.
After registration and prior to the star of the games you will receive the schedule and other important information via email.
Prior To Registering
As a general rule of thumb, we encourage all incoming AND returning FIYA participants to re-read our "FAQ About FIYA Athletic Events" document and our Regulations Manual as we update both documents annually prior to each upcoming school year. If you still have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIYA SCHOOL MEMBERSHIP & COACHING REQUIREMENTS:
There will be NO School Membership offered for the 2020-2021 school year. However, if you're interested in membership for future school years and want to learn about its cost and benefits for participating schools in FIYA, please be sure to read about our FIYA School Membership offering on our LeagueApps Registration.
If your school still plans on participating in any of our upcoming seasons this 2020-21 school year, please also review our mandatory Coaching Certification program required for ALL FIYA participating coaches. Both the Coaching Certification requirements and FIYA School Membership offering can be found in more detail on our Registration site.