2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR REGISTRATION
After a long year without in-person school sports, we're so excited FIYA has returned for the 2021-2022 School Year! Sports dates and seasons are now updated for 2021-22, and you can check them out on our Sports Page. Prior to registering for any of our sports, please read and follow the requirements listed below to best understand how FIYA operates.
FIYA Registration is now handled through our new platform, LeagueApps which should make for a much smoother and easier process for everyone. Click the button below to be redirected to our LeagueApps page which will display all upcoming offerings open for registration.
Check back to this page throughout the school year to register for upcoming seasons and follow the important instructions below to prepare for when registration officially opens. We're looking forward to serving your schools and can not wait to get back on that playing field! For all inquiries or additional questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**COVID UPDATE**: All FIYA in-person sports will follow the LA County Department of Health's "Protocol for Organized Youth Sports" which was updated August 30th. Note the weekly testing required by LAUSD schools now fulfills the testing requirements for sports as well, and vaccinated students/coaches do NOT need to test to participate in sports.
We will also work with all of our host facilities to ensure a safe playing environment is created for all of our participants. All information regarding any additional site-specific policies will be distributed at the pre-season coaches meeting.
FIYA SCHOOL MEMBERSHIP
School Membership will be re-offered for the 2021-2022 school year! FIYA School Membership is a cost-efficient option we recommend for schools that plan on participating in multiple sports throughout the school year. Please be sure to read about our FIYA School Membership offering on our LeagueApps Registration Page.
If your school plans on participating in any of our upcoming seasons this 2021-22 school year, please also review our mandatory Coaching Certification program required for ALL FIYA participating coaches through our partner NAYS. Coaches are required to complete the general certification course along with a sports-specific course corresponding to the FIYA event they will be participating in. We thank all of our coaches in advance for taking the time and commitment to lead our deserving school teams!
Instructions for Registering on LeagueApps
Instructions for School Teams Registering for Leagues
As noted, FIYA Registration will now be done through LeagueApps which should make for a much smoother and easier process for everyone. The first time you register you must create an account on LeagueApps, which can be done as part of the registration process or by clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the LeagueApps registration page. Once you have created your account, follow these simple steps to register:
- Click “Register” for the sport & division you would like to sign up for.
- Either log in to your account or create a new one.
- Select your role with the team - Principal, Athletic Director, or Coach.
- Under “School Team Name” enter the school name. If you have more than one team for the same sport and same division, include the school name and either a number or color for each team. For example, if you have two school teams in D-1 Girls Volleyball, the names should be either Booker Academy #1 and Booker Academy #2, or Booker Academy Blue and Booker Academy Red.
- Answer the questions displayed.
- Enter the contact information for the school Principal, Athletic Director, and Coach. *Note: Unfortunately this information will need to be entered each time you register a team. Please answer the questions in Step 5 each time as this will help with scheduling, but for the contact information you can write “same as previous” for the Principal and AD. For the coach, please include the name of the coach of each team even if it is the same, and of course include all of the coach’s information if it is different.
- Read and accept the FIYA waiver.
- After accepting the waiver:
- If just registering one team, click “Save school team and go to the next step.”
- If registering more than one team for the same game, click “Add another school team,” select the division, and repeat steps 4-7.
- If registering another team for a different game, click “Save school and go to the next step and scroll down to “Add Another Registration” and follow steps 4-7.
- Payment does not need to be made at the time of registration to secure a spot in the league. Payment can be made at registration or anytime after through LeagueApps using credit card or bank account, or by mailing a check. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice which are typically sent two weeks after the start of the season.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must select “create a new school team” each time. If you “select a school team to join” you will just be adding your account to a team already registered, NOT registering a separate new team.
- If paying at the time of registration, select “Bank Account” or “Credit Card.” Note there is a 2% processing fee for paying online.
- If you prefer to mail a check, select “Skip/Pay Later.”
- That’s it! You will see a confirmation displayed as well as receive an email with the same information.
Additional important information:
- Each team registered is tied to the person who registers it, so if a coach registers one team and the principal another, these teams are not tied to each other in the LeagueApps system. This will not affect your registration at all but may somewhat limit the usefulness of LeagueApps for your school.
- Along those lines, there is deep functionality in terms of roster management and communication available to you through LeagueApps should you desire to use it. If so, we recommend that you register all teams throughout the year from the same LeagueApps account.
If you have any questions about the new registration process or the LeagueApps platform, please contact FIYA Director of Operations, John Farren. While there is sure to be a learning process, we strongly believe this new system will be much better for everyone once you get comfortable with it.