FIYA 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
Welcome back to FIYA Sports for the 2022-23 school year! Please read below for important infomation and updates to get you ready for our upcoming seasons.
1. REVIEW UPDATED DOCUMENTS - We highly recommend you review our (i) Regulations Manual and (ii) FAQ About Athletic Events document posted on our website under the About tab.
2. COACH CERTIFICATION - Every coach in FIYA League Events will need to have their NAYS coaching certification card. A NAYS card obtained in 2020 or after will be accepted for the 2022-23 school year. Please go to our Registration page for more information about our coaching certification program.
3. AWARDS – Starting with this school year, we will be acknowledging Division 1 athletes for All League, All Academic and All Sportsmanship individual awards for each of our League Events. In addition, we will be hosting an annual FIYA Awards Assembly where we will acknowledge certain Division 1 student athletes for their achievements during the school year. Current details can be found in the Regulations Manual (Article II, Section 14).
4. REGISTRATION - There is no longer a registration process for Membership. However, all schools will be automatically invoiced a membership fee that covers the entire school year upon the school’s first registration into any FIYA athletic event. There are various deadlines throughout the year for all of our Athletic Events on our website. Registration for Track & Field will be taken through Athletic.Net. Please see our Registration tab for more information.
5. FEES - The Membership Fee is $150 for the 2022-23 school year. The Registration Fee for FIYA League Events is $550 per team and for FIYA Tournament Events is $15 per individual (unless otherwise stated). Discounts to the Registration Fee are given to host facilities.
MORE ON FIYA
MORE ON 2022-2023 SPORTS OFFERINGS
FIYA offers league and tournament sports in the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons open for participation to all Los Angeles schools and students in grades 3rd through 8th. Our league sports occur over an 8 to 10-week period involving a regular season league schedule and playoffs (for qualifying Division 1 teams only); and tournament sports are individually organized competitions such as Cross Country meets, Track & Field meets, and Dance competitions or events that occur within a shorter period of time. Continue reading or visit our Sports Page for more details on our 2022-23 offerings.
FALL '22 TOURNAMENT SPORTS
WINTER '23 LEAGUE SPORTS
WINTER '23 TOURNAMENT SPORTS
SPRING '23 TOURNAMENT SPORTS
FIYA sports leagues and tournaments are open for participation to ALL Los Angeles elementary and middle schools. While our age divisions vary from sport to sport (check the specific sport's page to verify), we typically serve students in the following:
- Division 1 (D-1) - 8th Grade & Below
- Division 2 (D-2) - 6th Grade & Below
- Division 3 (D-3) - 4th Grade & Below
Each FIYA sport has general rules to which we play by and are updated each school year. To find specific rules on a sport, visit the sport's page or you can find a list of our sports' rules at the bottom of our Regulations Manual. If you are new or even a returning FIYA participant, we recommend reading our general FAQ on our athletic programs, leagues, and tournaments, to get a better idea on how we operate. Our FAQ page is also up-to-date for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Since its founding in 2011, FIYA has served
FIYA SPORTS NEWS
JOIN US THIS SCHOOL YEAR!
FIYA believes in the power of school-based sports and the impact a school athletic program makes on schools and their communities. Our organization is proudly made up of school participants from over 40 Los Angeles zip codes (and counting) that range from the San Fernando Valley to Long Beach. As we continue to grow, it is our belief that every child should have an equal chance to play sports, and we hope one way that's possible is through FIYA and our partnership with our member schools' athletic programs!