In order to ensure that your school's track team is familiar with how FIYA conducts its track meets, please make sure that your track coaches carefully read the information on our track page and program packet. To understand our program, rules, and how to register, it is very important that track coaches read all our information. This serves as a checklist of sorts:
1. Please read the dates above for our 2020 season and download/print our "2020 FIYA Track & Field Order of Track Events and General Rules" Program packet located under the links to the right of this page. This packet includes: How to Register, Order of Track Events and Field Events, General FIYA Track & Field Rules, Awards & Scoring, Meet Logistics, and Specific Field Event Rules - everything you need to know about how we run and operate our Track & Field program. Prior to registering for a FIYA track & field meet, PLEASE read through the whole document.
2. Now that you have completed steps 1 and 2 above, you are ready to actually register for each FIYA track meet that your school team desires to participate. Track registration for the 2019 season is being handled through Athletic.net. Assuming your school does not already have an account with Athletic.Net, the FIYA track registration process becomes a two part process: The first part is to create a free account and the second part (after you receive an email and confirm activation) is to actually register for each FIYA track meet your school desire to participate.
A. CREATE A FREE ATHLETIC.NET ACCOUNT
- Go to www.athletic.net
- *NOTE: Creating a free account needs to be done AT LEAST ONE WEEK prior to date of track meet.
- Click "Create Free Account"
- Complete information and click "Next Step"
- Click "Coach/Event Director"
- Click "Find Team" and a Find-Your-Team pop up box should appear. In the pop up box, do the following: Select "Track and Field, select "Middle School" and select "California" and then type in your school name. Assuming that your school has never created an account before, you should then be able to click "Add Your Team".
- (This step is somewhat repetitive) - For Select Team Type - click Middle School; For School Info - complete all boxes and for State/Region, be sure to select "CA: Los Angeles"; For Select League, Division - nothing needs to be put here; For Contact Info - enter information along with password and phone and then Click Submit Request.
- After submitting information to create a free account, you will receive a confirmation email in 1-2 days.
- Now your account is verified and ready to register for any specific FIYA track & field meets. See Next Step below.
B. REGISTER FOR FIYA TRACK MEET(S)
- After Creating an Account, Go to www.athletic.net
- Upper right hand corner, click log in and enter log in information
- Type "FIYA" into the search bar and you should be able to find the various FIYA Track & Field Meets scheduled for that particular season.
- Click the meet you wish to register. Please note the registration deadline for the meet as listed on athletic.net.
- Download and proceed to read through our "2020 FIYA Track & Field Order of Track Events and General Rules" Program packet (which can be found in the links to the right of this page) to best understand how you should register.
- Lastly, the cost for each FIYA Track & Field Meet is $12.50 per athlete of a non-member school and $10 per athlete of a member school. No payment is needed until the conclusion of the track season when FIYA will send your school an invoice.