FIYA will hold at least three track meets for the 2014 season. If more are added this page will be updated.
- Saturday March 29th @ Serra High School, Gardena
- Satuday April 5th @ Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks
- Saturday May 3rd @ Rancho Cienega Park
New Events/Rules for 2013
- 800 m medley relay (200 m , 100 m, 100 m, 400 m)(D-1, D-2)
- 4 x 200 m relay (D-1, D-2)
- Turbo Javelin (D-1, D-2, D-3)
- 1600 m (D-2; replaces 1200)
- Each school may enter two relay teams per level per event.
Registration & Fees
To secure a spot in the meets, a school must submit the team registration form posted to the left via email to email@example.com. While the number of participants need not be exact, please give your best estimate as it will be used for planning purposes. Space is limited and spots will be reserved on a first come first serve basis.
The meets are open to students in Grades 3-8, competing at three levels: Division 1 (7th & 8th grade), Division 2 (5th & 6th grade), & Division 3 (3rd & 4th grade). Students may run up a level, i.e. a 6th grader may run in Division 1, but may not under any circumstances run down a level. Students may also not under any circumstances compete in two levels in the same meet. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the meet for the individual as well as possible penalties for the offending team as well.
Each athlete must pay $5 (payable by cash or check made out to FIYA) and submit the individual registration form posted to the left to participate. Payment and forms will be accepted on the day of the event only. Paid athletes will receive a wristband without which they will not be able to compete.
There will also be an admission fee of $5 for all spectators in 9th Grade and above.
Each D-1 & D-2 athlete must have a label listing name, school, level, and event for each event in which they participate. (For relays only the anchor needs a label.) While we will have labels available at the meet, it is highly recommended you fill out the labels for your team prior to the meet. A label template is posted to the left for your convenience.
Also posted to the left is an entry worksheet which again it is highly recommended you use for planning purposes. Use the entry worksheet to list which of your athletes will compete in what events. While it is not an official document and can be changed as you see fit, it will help you keep your team organized which in turn will help the meet run smoothly.
Each participating school will be required to provide a volunteer to help with the meet. All volunteers must be 18 years old or older and while no track knowledge is required, it is helpful. Volunteers should plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to the start of the meet so they can be assigned a role and prepped for the day.
Order of Events
Except where noted all events will be for all levels and run in the following order: D-2 Girls, D-2 Boys, D-1 Girls, and D-1 Boys. D-3 athletes may only compete in the 4 x 100 m relay, the 50 m, and the 400 m.
4 x 200 Meter relay
4 X 100 Meter relay (D-3 runs first)
100 Meter (D-3 runs 50 m concurrently on opposite side of track)
400 Meter (D-3 runs firstt)
100 Meter Final
800 Meter Medley relay (200 m, 100 m , 100 m, 400 m)
Note Turbo Javelin is a new event. All Divisions will use the 300 gram Turbojav which can be purchased at www.turbojav.com.
Long Jump – D-2 Girls, D-2 Boys, D-1 Girls, D-1 Boys
Shot Put – D-1 Girls, D-1 Boys, D-2 Girls, D-2 Boys
Turbo Javelin – D-2 Boys, D-2 Girls, D-1 Boys, D-1 Girls, D-3 Boys, D-2 Girls
Awards & Scoring
Awards will be given as follows:
- Trophies for top two teams for D-1 Boys, D-1 Girls, D-2 Boys, D-2 Girls.
- Trophy for overall team champion.
- Ribbons for all D-3 heats.
Top four finishers in each event will score 5, 3, 2 & 1 points respectively.
- Each athlete may only compete in three events. There are no restrictions on what three events.
- At the D-1 & D-2 level each school may enter no more than three athletes into each event.
- At the D-3 level, each school may enter no more than 10 athletes into the 50 m, 10 athletes in Javelin, and 4 athletes into the 400 m
- At all levels each school may enter two relay teams per level per relay event.
- No spikes of any kind or shoes made to take spikes will be allowed. Any athlete wearing illegal shoes in any competition will be immediately disqualified from the meet.
- No jewelry of any kind – necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, etc. - may be worn.
- Shot put, long jump, and javelin will be contested in flights. Athletes who must leave for another event may do so and complete their attempts later only with the prior approval of the event judge. Contestants who leave an event without approval from the field judge will be declared finished and not allowed any more attempts.
- All running events will be run in heats.
- The 800 and 1600 meter runs will begin with a waterfall start.